Monday, February 23, 2009

Bodymarks

Lately, I had a conversation with my sister. It went like this:
Juliana just WON a game of ssb brawl. <3ing> 2:07am

David at 2:08am
sick game. always gives me a blister on my left thumb.

Juliana at 2:09am
ME TOO!
also, you always made me play until i blistered my left thumb. thanks.

David at 2:10am
that can only be attributed to noobdom.

Juliana at 2:10am
we're not on speaking terms anymore.
Obviously, these marks don't just leave a physical memory. Let me give a list of the ones I have.

- blister scar on the first segment of my left thumb. only nintendo controllers do this.
- real knee scars, still red. it's been almost three years since biking in the dolomites.
- surgery scars. i had a surgery done in third grade that should've come much earlier.
- acne scars. i had no help through puberty.
- writer's callous on my right ring finger. like my writing, it developed early, but never got very strong.
- left tibia that sticks out a little. when i was playing soccer in middle school, my knee got swollen. it was diagnosed as osgood-schlatter disease, but the inflammation has stopped. there's still a little pointy bone there.

Edit: I forgot a few, I'm sure. Perfect bite? You pay a price in having had braces. Tooth fillings? As a boy, I drank apple juice before bedtime. Terribly dry skin? I generally take bad care of myself.

1 comment: